Welcome to my Proofread Anywhere scam review
If you are looking for the best ways to make an income as a proofreader online, you have come to the right place.
Proofread Anywhere is the best online training course that she builds a solid foundation for you to become a professional proofreader.
Caitlin Pyle, the founder of the course, will walk you through everything you need to know with her experience in the industry and help you to become a proofreader.
This review will try to answer the following four questions. It should give you a clear understanding of xxx and whether it’s worth your money.
- What Is Proofread Anywhere?
- How Proofread Anywhere REALLY Works?
- Is Proofread Anywhere Scam or Legit?
- Is There Something Better?
Don’t waste more time on scams!See My #1 Recommendation to Make REAL Money Online:
WHAT IS PROOFREAD ANYWHERE?
Program Name: Proofread Anywhere
Creator: Caitlin Pyle
Price: $497 to $1197
Proofread Anywhere is Caitlyn Pyle’s online proofreading course, it’s a comprehensive online training platform for you and anyone who wants to earn income with proofreading.
Their goal is to help people like stay-at-home moms, young adults, college students, and even retired professionals develop professional proofreading skills.
The course will assist you in other aspects of professional development, including in the creation of your own proofreading business and how to market your services.
Proofread Anywhere was developed by Caitlin Pyle since 2007.
Who Is Caitlin Pyle?
Caitlyn help proofreaders earn extra income from anywhere in the world even if you’re starting from scratch.
Her passion for proofreading started when she studied abroad in Germany for a year in college and would help students proofread their college essays. She loved using my grammar talent to catch errors and help others turn their writing into masterpieces.
That love for proofreading continued to grow. She took her general proofreading skills to the next level when she got into proofreading transcripts for court reporters back in 2012. I was so good at spotting errors. she became known as “Eagle Eyes.” Proofreading transcripts became her primary source of income in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
HOW PROOFREAD ANYWHERE REALLY WORKS?
Proofread Anywhere is a training course for proofreading. It does not only gives you a solid foundation for proofreading but also teaches you how to grow your business or market your services online.
Proofreader Anywhere has two paid main courses for you to learn the field of proofreading.
General Proofreader course
- Learn to earn money proofreading books and blogs
- Less technical than transcript proofreading
- Shorter learning curve
Transcript Proofreading course
- Higher earning potential than general proofreading
- More repeat clients
- More technical skills = more money
Now, because they are very comprehensive, these courses can not be knocked off over the weekend. Depending on which courses you take, you will need at least one month to get through them.
If you are interested, they do offer a 30-day free course and workshop so you can also see if Proofreading is right for you before you decide on availing the full course that will help you start your freelance career.
General Proofreading – Theory and Practice
Module 1: Introduction to General Proofreading
Provides an overview of the skills required by a successful proofreader who is looking for a proofreader. And to know the differences between editing, copying, and Proofreading.
- Why Proofread?
- Skills Needed to Be an Excellent General Proofreader
- Who Needs a Proofreader?
- What a General Proofreader Does (and Doesn’t) Do
- Terms Commonly (but incorrectly) used in Proofreading
- Editing at a Proofreading Rate
Module 2: Get into the Proofreading Mindset
This discusses the many types of markets that you can specialize in and teaches industry terminology.
- Proofreading Niches
- Proofreader Lingo
Module 3: Proofreading Basics
This covers the most common mistakes you need to keep an eye on and some worksheets to help you practice your new skills.
- Types of Errors
- Commas and Semicolons
- Quotation Marks
- Subject and Verb Agreement
- Noun and Pronoun Agreement
- Commonly Misused Words
- American and British Spelling Variations
Module 4: Proofreading Methods and Practice
This module contains four different types of proofreading methods, with in-depth lessons on how to use them to your advantage.
- Proofreading Methods
- Proofreading Practice
Module 5: Turning Proofreading into a Business
This you’ll learn how to build your freelance business, which includes things like creating your website and résumé, understanding rates, taxes, how to pitch clients, and so on.
- Creating a Website
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Setting up Your Business Website
- Writing Your Résumé
- Setting Your Rates
- Taxes and Incorporating Your Proofreading Business
- Building on Your Proofreading Experience
Module 6: Looking for Jobs
Learn the many ways you can get clients to proofread.
- Proofreading and Freelance Associations
- Social Media
- Social Media Dos and Don’ts
- Online Marketplaces
- Online Profiles
- Writing a Proposal
- Avoiding Scammers
- Don’t Expect Clients to Just Come to You
Module 7: Once You Get the Job
This covers what you need to do when you’ve landed a job. This also includes how to work with client preferences and develop relationships with editors, and also how to bill.
- Starting on the Right Foot
- Working with Client Preferences
- A Proofreader’s Relationship with Other Editors on the Project
- How to Bill Your Clients
- Your Reputation
- Asking for Testimonials
Module 8: Getting the Most Out of the Freelancing Life
Learn how to structure your day and build the confidence to succeed.
- Organizing Your Time to Avoid Burnout
- A Day in the Life of a Proofreader
- Gaining Confidence
Module 9: Ignite Plus Exam *(accessible to Ignite Plus students only)
The exam evaluates students for aptitude and competence in the practice of general Proofreading.
Bonus Module: The Money Mindset Transformation
learn the seven life-changing concepts that will transform the way you think about money forever.
Transcript Proofreading – Theory and Practice
SECTION 1: Theory
It is a specific course on transcript proofreading and will include transcript production processes, knowledge of a court reporter’s role, and in-depth transcription-specific punctuation training.
Module 1 — Introduction to Transcript Proofreading
- Gain a thorough understanding of court reporters roles and functions and proofreaders.
- Get a basic understanding of how the steno language works.
- Understand the skills that a transcript reader needs to perform well.
- Learn how a transcript becomes a transcript and how an agency can play a role in the finished product
Module 2 — The Nuts and Bolts of Transcripts
- Anticipate and recognize the wide range of possible errors in transcripts.
- Know the vocabulary found in multiple types of proceedings: depositions, EUOs, hearings, trials, interpreted processes, and testimony on a variety of topics including medical, insurance, product liability, general litigation, among others, including vocabulary quiz.
- Become familiar with transcript-specific punctuation as outlined in Morson’s Court Reporters ‘ English Guide, Court Reporting: Bad Grammar / Good Punctuation, and the Gregg Reference Manual. Includes individual lessons on transcript-relevant capitalization, use of punctuation, and words and phrases that are commonly misused or misspelled.
- Understand general formatting rules regarding lines, colloquy, Q&A, marking exhibits, and use of parentheticals.
- Fully differentiate between uses of American English spelling and punctuation.
- British English, spelling, and punctuation within transcripts.
SECTION 2: Practice
Students of this course are going to focus on the most widely used methods of transcript markup. Students perform extensive simulation transcripts practice at different levels of difficulty after selecting a method.
Modules 3 & 4 — Marking Up Transcripts (Four Methods)
- Learn four methods of correcting transcripts properly: hard copy, errata, on a computer, and digitally (paperless) using iOS technology.
- Get comfortable using iPad equipped with the powerful PDF annotation app iAnnotate
Module 5 — Simulation Transcripts (3,109 pages in 50 simulation transcripts)
- Using a notice provided and other resources, online or otherwise, learn to research the proper spelling of people, things, and places within transcripts.
- According to the exhaustive checklist (provided) perform a thorough reading on each simulation job.
- Personal progress and areas need of improvement Include punctuation and short transcript quiz (100% score required to continue).
Module 6 — Corresponding Within the Court Reporting Profession
- Communicate with court reporters and agencies about issues such as turnaround time (regular and rush), invoicing, vacation time, etc. Effectively, promptly and professionally.
- Be fully prepared to meet the expectations of court reporting professionals with excellent customer service.
- Understand the importance of using each reporter’s customized preference sheet and be able to interpret reporter preference based on sheet feedback.
Module 7 — Billing and Accounting Procedures, Final Examinations
- Understand the billing procedures for work completed, including the setting rates, negotiation, and following up on outstanding balances.
Module 8 — Marketing (this module is not accessible until the student passes both final examinations with a 90% or higher)
- Learn authentic, personalized marketing methods by using social media and traditional techniques to connect with potential clients.
- As a proofreader, acquire and polish the ability to deliver over and exceed expectations.
- Compose a professional résumé to display acquired knowledge and skill effectively
- Learn how to build a web presence on social media
- Know the dos and don’ts of professional marketing.
- Includes 25-question marketing concepts quiz
Module 9 — Concluding Lesson
- Learn to identify yourself as a transcript reader to build trust in new skills.
- Understand the components of a successful freelance business.
Proofread Anywhere Plans and Pricing
- Ignite – $497
- Ignite Plus – $597 (includes hand-graded exam, certificate, listing in self-publishing schools and membership in the Marketing Mastermind Group)
$1174.00 is an investment for the full program.
- Level 1: Beginner Basecamp – One payment of $77 and access to Module 1 for 7 days.
- Level 2: Jumpstart – One payment of $197 and access to Modules 1 and 2 for an additional 30 days.
- Level 3: NextSteps – One payment of $400 and access to Modules 1-5 for an additional 60 days.
- Level 4: Launch & Earn – One payment of $500 and access to Modules 1-9 for LIFE!
IS PROOFREAD ANYWHERE SCAM OR LEGIT?
Proofreader Anywhere is not a scam because you can work from home and the course they got is very comprehensive it shows you how to get started and what you need to do to help build your skills to become a Proofreader.
- It teaches you how to become a professional proofreader
- learn the skills to make a full-time income as a proofreader
- The program is available for everybody
- Available in all over the world and to everyone
- You can learn professional marketing skills
- The course is expensive the reason is they focus on providing the best quality.
- It will take time to become a Proofreader.
- No refund ( you have to take the 30 days free trial before you invest )
IS THERE SOMETHING BETTER?
The program is worth it because it is designed in such a way that you become successful with your proofreading career. Like what other rich people use to say, the best investment that you can make is to invest in yourself.
However, if you want to find something that can provide you with a full-time income, I would recommend you to check out affiliate marketing.
This is the business model that I always recommend to beginners.
Affiliate marketing is really easy to get started and the earnings potential is almost unlimited. To get started with affiliate marketing the right way, all you really need is proper and high-quality training.
The training I have been using to build my online business and make a living out of it is a lot more complete. It covers all aspects of the business and teaches you all the best practice of the industry.
It will teach you how to build your online presence from the ground up. The training also emphasis on free organic traffic, which is the best source of traffic.
This will allow you to create a full-time income from your online business. What’s amazing is that once your online presence is built, it will continue to generate money for years to come. It is truly the passive income everybody is dreamed of.
Even though it covers everything you need to know about affiliate marketing, you will not be overwhelmed by it. There are step-by-step tutorials in every lesson. They are easy to follow no matter your skill level and previous experience.
Best of all, it is 100% FREE!
We’re not talking about a time-limited free trial here. You can remain a free member for as long as you want.
As a BONUS to welcome you to my site, grab my free guide and I will show you how to get your website up and running with a free domain and free hosting. This will allow you to get started with your online business for absolutely zero investment.
Besides the top-notch training and free websites, you also get a chance to join an amazing community. These are like-minded people who are willing to help you, support you and most importantly inspire you.
This is to me the most important and valuable part. I have seen so many people putting in their hard work and give up right before they see the result. With the help of this community, you will gain the strength to push through hard times and eventually be rewarded.
So stop buying into hypes and looking for shortcuts, take your business seriously and take action TODAY!
If you have any question or thought as to whether Proofreader Anywhere is a scam, feel free to leave a comment below and I will always reply!
Let’s Make Money!