Welcome to my Toluna scam review.
Toluna claims to give you rewards for the time that you spend giving your opinion through their platform — saying that you can redeem those rewards for any stuff such as gadgets, gift cards, sweepstakes tickets, getaways, and even cold cash.
They also said that you could also get points for doing simple things such as filling out surveys, signing up, and creating quality content.
Toluna does seem to be an excellent way to make home surveys cash. However, it might not be as lucrative as it may seem.
Throughout my review, there is no affiliate link to Toluna. This is because I do not promote products that I don’t recommend.
You can rest assured to get an honest and unbiased review from me.
Toluna presents a massive range of survey options, their reward points shows you a significantly higher rate than any other well-known survey sites, and you can even get 500 points by just completing the sign-up process.
This review will try to answer the following four questions. It should give you a clear understanding if Toluna a scam or not and whether it’s worth your time.
Don’t waste more time on scams!See My #1 Recommendation to Make REAL Money Online:
WHAT IS TOLUNA?
Program Name: Toluna
Creator: Frederic Charles Petit
Based on their About page, Toluna gives its members the opportunity to speak out and inspire change in brand, products, and services by participating in surveys.
Take some time to discover what their platform is and what Toluna has to offer. This survey site used to be named merely Toluna. Right now, this online survey site is officially called Toluna Influencers, which also seems to be a part of the Toluna, Inc. Considering that there are a lot of members who still refer to the paid survey website as Toluna, I will, therefore, do the same in this review.
Toluna.com is a well-known presence in the world of online surveys. With a global community of over 30million users, Toluna Group brags about being “the world’s largest social voting community and streamlined research platform.”
Founded in Paris by Frederic Charles Petit in the year 2000, this free online community has brought together brands and consumers globally through their advanced and potentially rewarding surveys platform.
HOW TOLUNA REALLY WORKS?
Toluna hosts numerous surveys that members can take in exchange for points. They can then exchange it for gift cards from different retailers or cash out via PayPal.
Furthermore, not all participants may, at any particular time, qualify for all surveys, but Toluna would grant 200 points for attempting.
Members can also gain points from answering mini polls by sponsors, product testing, referrals, winning a contest, and earning sweepstakes, but Toluna’s surveys remain the primary method for making points.
Toluna is free to join. You can quickly sign up and fill up all the information. You can then start doing surveys, and once you are getting more of it, you can then be able to take longer higher-paying surveys.
Toluna Rewards Center
Toluna’s Rewards Center looks pretty impressive. There are a lot of options to choose from between amazon gift cards, coupons, Starbucks cards, other gift cards, and sweepstakes. You also have the choice to get paid for surveys via PayPal.
But when you when go to the most important part: where you want to cash out your points out for gift cards, coupons, or cash out through PayPal. You should surely pay more attention to its redemption rate and be surprised by how high it was.
When you try to do surveys, you will get excited about the many points that you could earn. However, if you decide to redeem those points through their rewards center, you will then realize how little you can make for your time and effort.
Say, for example, you took a 2,500 points survey for more than 30 minutes. And after hours and days that you spent through Toluna, you now earned about 100,000 points.
You now wanted to redeem your points, but you would only feel disappointed when you found out that those days and hours that you spend in Toluna will only give you about $30 to cash out via Paypal. You may be earning less than $2 an hour doing surveys in Toluna.
It’s not just for PayPal redemption options, but it likewise implies all of the gift card options. Also, even their sweepstakes entries require a minimum of 500 points per entry, whereas other survey sites only need as little as 1 point per sweepstakes entry.
Is it going to be worth it? For me, I do not want to waste my time for a little extra cash like in Toluna, but that is still up to you if you’re going to try it or not since it is free to join.
Facts About Toluna
- It is a survey site, so you have to spend time on polls and questionnaires. Research firms are dying to know how their customer thinks about their products; that is why they created the survey through Toluna. Your responses will be their guide on how to or what to change in their marketing endeavors. They will then grant reward points for your efforts.
- Receive invitations that fit your profile by making your profile as detailed as possible. While each survey begins with basic initial questions to indicate whether your profile matches, it will give you an additional chance to complete it when you a detailed profile.
- If you have any second thoughts on one or several products or services, you have a large community to consult through their THUMB ITS and BATTLES, and there is a simple difference between them:
- You can make a statement about a particular product and ask other users to Thumb it. Members can thumb it either up or down and then following their feedback.
- If you have difficulty deciding between two different products or services, you can list in a BATTLE and let other users decide which one is the winner.
- Toluna has an option for you to create your own polls directly from the “Create” menu and choose up to 10 voting options– apart from sponsored 3rd party company opinion polls.
- You can start an open conversation with other users in Toluna by creating a topic. So, you may ask the community for anything you want, and you will quickly receive sophisticated, insightful, and full answers.
- You can earn more from any of your contributions. Notice an increase in points in your virtual wallet for every questionnaire surveys and polls you complete. When you hit your target amount, you can then redeem them into any prize you want on famous stores or for cash, or you can try your luck with Giftie.
- Giftie is a gamble, so be ready to risk your accumulated points. Giftie is a kind of scratch card game in which you click the ‘ Get it, button’ see how your points drain from your account and wait openly to see whether or not you won an expected gift.
- You can pass on your Giftie prize to another person. You can send it to your address and give it or send it directly to someone who is not a Toluna member.
- You can become a brand tester if you like to try new things (but this rarely happens). You can pick a product that you prefer listed on Toluna. In exchange for some honest feedback, brands offer their new products for members to test. However, only luck can determine if you can receive a product in the mail or not.
- Each month, Toluna organizes a cash sweepstake. You must have the “active member” status with an image shown on your profile to qualify for such events. You need to participate in opinion topics and pool votes for at least once in the last three months to be an “active member.”
- You can also receive survey invitations on your mobile phone. You only need to fill in your mobile number on your Toluna account. When you qualify for a survey, you can receive SMS notifications that will direct you to the survey page, which you can also access via your smartphone.
Is Toluna BBB Accredited?
Yes, Toluna is BBB (Better Business Bureau) accredited. They gave them an A+, which means they have provided an excellent standard for the company.
You’ll also see some complaints in there, and almost all of it got resolved.
Toluna Trustpilot Review
Here you will see mix reviews about Toluna as some claim that they have a good and bad experience about the company.
On Trustpilot from 2,081most of them gave Toluna an excellent, and some don’t. See the image below.
This image is from Sitejabber, and here you’ll see only a few people that share their experience with Toluna.
IS TOLUNA SCAM OR LEGIT?
Toluna is not a scam, it is a legit survey site, and there are reports of members that are earning points from surveys and winning sweepstakes.
However, the fact that it would take too much time before you can make sufficient points to get a decent amount before you can cash out makes Toluna not worth it for me.
Toluna is still one of the most popular but also one of the lowest-paying compare to other leading survey sites online.
Also, a lot of members at Toluna had complained about having their accounts suspended right before they got qualified for a payout.
- You can select the topic you want when you visit the latest surveys in Toluna.
- You have a better chance of getting surveys with much bigger points by actively participating in their polls or surveys.
- You can redeem your points into cash, gift cards, sweepstake tickets, and any other rewards.
- You have the option of donating your cash to charity.
- Toluna has a lot of surveys available.
- Easy to use
- You can request for payout through PayPal
- Available in many countries and local languages
- You can only do a survey that you are qualified for, and sometimes even though you are qualified, it would give you a notice that it is unsuccessful after spending more than 10 minutes answering the questions.
- The number of points that you can earn each month is limited.
- There are times that Toluna bans users for unclear reasons.
- Payouts for users outside the United States often take a longer time.
IS THERE SOMETHING BETTER?
Toluna.com is a good website, but you can’t expect to become wealthy from it, like all the other survey sites.
You need to take a lot of surveys and participate in their topic and pool, and that will require a lot of time just to earn a little extra cash.
Toluna is one of the lowest-paying survey sites online. If you are okay with earning less than $2 as extra, then Toluna might be a good fit for you.
Furthermore, if you think that your time has more value than that and you want to learn how you can earn passive income even when you are at home or on vacation, then I recommend you to check Affiliate Marketing.
The training I have been using to build my online business and make a living out of it is a lot more complete. It covers all aspects of the business and teaches you all the best practices of the industry.
It will teach you how to build your online presence from the ground up. The training also emphasis free organic traffic, which is the best source of traffic.
This will allow you to create a full-time income from your online business. What’s amazing is that once your online presence is built, it will continue to generate money for years to come. It is truly the passive income everybody is dreamed of.
Even though it covers everything you need to know about affiliate marketing, you will not be overwhelmed by it. There are step-by-step tutorials in every lesson. They are easy to follow no matter your skill level and previous experience.
Best of all, it is 100% FREE!
We’re not talking about a time-limited free trial here. You can remain a free member for as long as you want.
As a BONUS to welcome you to my site, grab my free guide and I will show you how to get your website up and running with a free domain and free hosting. This will allow you to get started with your online business for absolutely zero investment.
Besides the top-notch training and free websites, you also get a chance to join an amazing community. These are like-minded people who are willing to help you, support you and most importantly inspire you.
This is to me the most important and valuable part. I have seen so many people putting in their hard work and give up right before they see the result. With the help of this community, you will gain the strength to push through hard times and eventually be rewarded.
So stop buying into hypes and looking for shortcuts, take your business seriously and take action TODAY!
Thank you for taking the time reading my Toluna scam review. If you have any questions or thought as to whether Toluna is a scam, feel free to leave a comment below and I will always reply!
Let’s Make Money!